Monday, February 20, 2006

Fences

Again, last night, I dreamed of fences
Twice as tall as me and laced with wire
In the darkness dogs were barking
As if mocking to what I aspire

I never have been suffocated by fences
But the circle grew tighter
One thousand dead eyes watched on
As my head felt lighter

Cold steel wrapped around my throat
And they looked confused when I asked for help
I'm not supposed to have feelings
I forget

The fences took their flesh
And left me to bleed
They still look confused
As to why I'm in pain

From the crowd you reached in
And offered your hand to mine
With the least amount of blood
Dried onto a pattern of lines

It only lasted til the end of the dream
But it was warm, and you seemed to care
The next time a fence closes in
I hope and pray you are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home