Payment
BURDENING
is what I do best.
Is it justice for you all to use me?
I'm sorry I gave you an inch.
Take the whole mile I own.
My money.
My jewelry.
The shirt off my back.
When will it be enough to
make up for what I've done?
What I am.
Must everybody pick at the body?
Park their car on my grave?
Leave it there so everyone
remembers it as your parking space;
Not as my place of rest.
There is no rest for the wicked.
I must be wicked.
I try to produce tears to
show you how sorry I am.
But I fail again.
Take what you must.
is what I do best.
Is it justice for you all to use me?
I'm sorry I gave you an inch.
Take the whole mile I own.
My money.
My jewelry.
The shirt off my back.
When will it be enough to
make up for what I've done?
What I am.
Must everybody pick at the body?
Park their car on my grave?
Leave it there so everyone
remembers it as your parking space;
Not as my place of rest.
There is no rest for the wicked.
I must be wicked.
I try to produce tears to
show you how sorry I am.
But I fail again.
Take what you must.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home