Corridor
The air is stale, and cold.
Stillness.
Silence.
Broken rays of light shine in,
illimunating the gasping desolation
evident
even in the dark.
I wander down the corridors
Staring at what I could feel before me.
People had been here before.
Lived.
Fluorished.
Bloomed and wilted.
Only an endless maze of hallways remains.
I stop to touch one of the doors.
It's solemn, numb.
So is my hand.
A flash of memory stings into me
Flooding my mind with all that
has come and gone.
Turning my body bitter, and repulsed.
A feeling of..
feelings that have become a part of me.
The windows are boarded up.
The light that shines in from
them is grey, and murky.
It makes my skin look
sick, slimy.
I hear echoes of laughter.
Dogs barking.
Telephones ringing.
Every corridor I run down
I hear different things.
But they're all the same.
I won't find what I'm looking for here.
I find the darkest corner.
I sit down.
The air is stale, and cold.
Stillness.
Silence.
Stillness.
Silence.
Broken rays of light shine in,
illimunating the gasping desolation
evident
even in the dark.
I wander down the corridors
Staring at what I could feel before me.
People had been here before.
Lived.
Fluorished.
Bloomed and wilted.
Only an endless maze of hallways remains.
I stop to touch one of the doors.
It's solemn, numb.
So is my hand.
A flash of memory stings into me
Flooding my mind with all that
has come and gone.
Turning my body bitter, and repulsed.
A feeling of..
feelings that have become a part of me.
The windows are boarded up.
The light that shines in from
them is grey, and murky.
It makes my skin look
sick, slimy.
I hear echoes of laughter.
Dogs barking.
Telephones ringing.
Every corridor I run down
I hear different things.
But they're all the same.
I won't find what I'm looking for here.
I find the darkest corner.
I sit down.
The air is stale, and cold.
Stillness.
Silence.

1 Comments:
Talented!!
Post a Comment
<< Home